Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today

The last two days have been improvements for PC and me. Tuesday was a hard day but with lots of really good things coming out of our conversations. Yesterday was even better. And finally we had decided to meet for lunch today. It has been 3 weeks since we've seen each other. I was excited, but reserved as Pocket Secrets cautioned that things could change and to please don't get my hopes up too high.

Well things did change. At 4:40 this morning he sent me an email that he had not yet been to bed because all hell had broken loose at home and not only did he need to cancel lunch, but he probably wouldn't be in the office to talk today either.

I'm disappointed. But more than that I'm worried about him. Worried about what's going on at his house today….and what happened last night. I'm not freaking out though.

Ok maybe I'm freaking out a teeny tiny bit - but not like I would have before we talked on Tuesday. I feel somewhat ok with where he and I are.

Today I am working hard to make the effort to stay calm….to stay reasonable….to remember he loves me.

Today I am focusing on only the things I have control over.

Today I am in the Caribbean on a sailboat with him. Today I am sunbathing on the deck of the boat. Today I am watching the water, the clouds, the sunset, him. Today I am hundreds of miles away from all of the things that come between us.

Today and every day he is in my heart and I am in his. We will get through this. We will be ok. This is not forever. This is just a chapter in our journey, this is not the ending place for us.

xxx,
DD

1 comment:

  1. it's quite the roller coaster ride.
    isn't it?

    hang in there babe....
    i think you are right on - with the - he needs to get his house in a bit of order - so he can turn to you.

    patience...it's hard as hell.

    ReplyDelete