Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Reprieve from the Insanity

Friday my calm was pretty much gone after learning PC had been told to get his stuff out of the house or he would come home to it on the lawn.

It was a rough day for him. I guess he was feeling lonely and sad, and really can you blame him? He asked me to come watch the March Madness games with him. His college was playing and he wanted me to come watch it with him. Of course I agreed. I think at that point I would have done anything he asked of me.

I decided that I would just follow his lead, but was 100% ready to meet him to watch the game and nothing else. I had no expectations of making out. I had no expectations of sex. I figured he needed a friend, someone to be there so he wasn't alone, someone to talk to. I was absolutely thrilled that I was able to be there for him.

After dropping my kids off at their dad's house I headed to the hotel he was spending the weekend in. I walked in and gave him a big hug. I looked around quickly and was pretty impressed with the hotel - was more like a suite...bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen. We sat down on the couch. The game had already gotten underway.

He sat with his arm sort of around me but also sort of on the couch. We talked a little about stuff going on with my kids but mostly just watched the game. At one point he leaned over and kissed me gently. He said he was glad I had come to see him. After a bit his hand sort of slowly moved down to my breast and then back off. I didn't want him to think that I expected anything at all and so I didn't encourage it at all.

And then it was half time. He pulled me really close to him and began kissing me like only he can do. I can't even begin to tell you guys how amazing it was to be with him like that. He just has a way of ripping away the entire world and making me feel like the only person in the world. I couldn't think about anything. I was just completely and totally surrounded by him.

He picked me up and carried me into the bedroom and laid me down on the bed. He kissed me more and then removed my clothes and his clothes. (Remember I'm following HIS lead - I was not going to remove my clothes unless he specifically asked me to.) He wasted no time and immediately plunged deep into me. Aaahhhh soooo perfect. I had missed him SO MUCH! This was perfect - it was exactly what I needed and apparently what he needed as well.

I'll spare you all the details but we made love and all of time stopped for awhile. After a bit of time it seemed like he was past the gentle love making and got a little more rough and we had a bit of fun that way.

And then the phone rang......

So he talked to each of his kids and then to his wife while I sat quietly in the other room.

When he came back to me we just layed together naked. Eventually he started talking. He needed to say a lot of what had been going on. Needed I think to process some of it out loud. Needed to think out loud about what was next. I just listened. Sometimes I asked questions to clarify. I bit my tongue and kept my thoughts and opinions to myself. As you can imagine, that was not easy. But it was necessary.

Around 10pm he decided he wanted ice cream, so we got dressed and went to get ice cream. He talked more as we were in the car. I listened more. When we got back to the hotel we sat and talked a little more. Around 11:30 I left.

Leaving was the hardest part. For the first time all night it felt hard and awkward and I didn't know what to say. So I didn't say anything. I just left. I cried once I was in my car.

My heart breaks for what he's going through...and that I can't really do anything to make any of it better.

It was amazing to get to see him though. I felt like a piece of my soul was back in place.

The night was fabulous....but the hard stuff is not over. It was a nice reprieve though.

xxx,
DD

4 comments:

  1. no doubt k bare.....the roller coaster is in full swing

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't find the right words here, but just know that I'm thinking about you xx

    hold tight, but hang loose kind of sums it up I think xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kept thinking about that one line...

    i sat in the other room while he talked


    i know that feeling too.
    i think that you are doing a wonderful job of not being selfish right now.
    i'm not doing as well.

    if you need a place to vent selfishly....you know where i am and that i truly do understand.

    ReplyDelete